Disability Awareness 101 Workshop
The workshop is designed to provide Parents, Grandparents, Caregivers, Advocates and all Professionals who support children with special healthcare needs and/or developmental disabilities with information about services and community resources.
Participants will learn about:
- People First Language
- Medicaid (including EPSDT and waivers)
- School Topics
- State and Federal Legislation including the Olmstead Decision, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Individuals with Disabilities Education Action (IDEA)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for Medicaid?
- What types of community services are available?
- What is an IEP?
- What are my rights as a parent or caregiver of a child with a disability?
- Training’s are on hold at this time.
Childkind Training Center
3107 Clairmont Road, Suite C
Atlanta, GA 30329
No cost to families or professionals (Childcare is not provided)
In partnership with