Disability Awareness 101 Workshop
THERE ARE NO TRAINING’S AT THIS TIME
The workshop is designed to provide Parents, Grandparents, Caregivers, Advocates and all Professionals who support children with special healthcare needs and/or developmental disabilities with information about services and community resources.
Participants will learn about:
- People First Language
- Medicaid (including EPSDT and waivers)
- School Topics
- State and Federal Legislation including the Olmstead Decision, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Individuals with Disabilities Education Action (IDEA)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for Medicaid?
- What types of community services are available?
- What is an IEP?
- What are my rights as a parent or caregiver of a child with a disability?
- Training’s are on hold at this time.
No cost to families or professionals (Childcare is not provided)
In partnership with